Thursday, July 14, 2005

Proposals

Internet dating is something I will never be able to handle. Seriously. This guy posted on okcupid.com wanting to know if anyone wanted a mail-order husband??? I replied to his post and asked him if it was a weird stunt or just a random genius idea. I don't think he was very sure himself. But he wanted to know if I would order him. Kind of funny.
Who am I kidding, dating is something I can't handle, period. I wouldn't know what to do with myself. I just mouth off when people flirt with me, so they're like, mahaha, you're funny and kind of cool, but I'm not sure you're actually female, so I'm going to leave now. Which is okay, because more than that would require actual emotional involvement on my part, and I really don't have any left for anyone except the twins.
Speaking of them, they're tired and cranky today. They took two! naps apiece, Conner actually put himself to sleep the second time. Just rolled over onto his belly, stuck his finger in his eye for a minute, and was out. I had to wake Dia up to eat dinner, she was less than pleased with me. But then she ate, really well, with her fork (YES! So smart!) and everything. She can count to ten with you if you go slowly, and she knows five and nine, ten all by herself.
Do I sound overly proud? I am. Extremely so. They're just getting so smart so fast. I don't quite know what to do with them.
The echo of every parent from the beginning of time is ringing in my ears.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home